Perfume is affected by air, heat, and light, so try to keep your bottle closed in a cool, dark place. Unopened, it may last 20 years, but once you have let air get in it will start to deteriorate and become acidic, the top notes going first. The more air, the worse the effect, so once opened it is really best to use it all within a year or two – and that, of course, will give you every excuse to choose a replacement without delay!
Can I wear two fragrances at once? Preferably not because each perfume is a balanced, complete creation. If you wear one fragrance on top of another, you may create a scentsation but, more likely, you’ll produce an odour.
How can I make my fragrance last longer? The secret to long-lasting fragrance is ‘fragrance layering’. Build up layers of scent on the skin by using different forms of the same fragrance - perfumed soap, bath oil or gel, body lotion or cream, dusting powder and eau de toilette. Each reinforces the impact of the other to quadruple the life of your favourite scent. Layering, or “fragrance dressing” as it’s sometimes called, is also a clever way to wear a fragrance that’s too overpowering for daytime use.
5 Secrets to Make Your Fragrance Last All Day
1. Apply perfume right after a shower or bath. When you take a warm shower, the steam causes your pores to open. If you apply fragrance right after you get out, your pores will soak up the scent better and it will last longer.
2. Prep your skin accordingly. Moisturizing skin with a fragrance-free lotion before applying perfume will further prolong the scent. That’s because hydrated pores absorb fragrance more readily than dry skin.
3. Spray strategically. Focus should be on your pulse points—namely the space behind your ears, the bottom of your throat, your wrists, inside your elbows, and behind your knees. Heat is what activates perfume. The pulse points on your body are the best spots to apply a scent because of the warmth of your blood.
4. Whatever you do, don’t rub it in. Many people feel a need to rub the area where they applied perfume in order to warm the skin or spread the scent. But rubbing actually breaks down and diminishes the fragrance. So, DON'T rub!
5. Don't neglect your outfit #OOTD. Remember to spritz perfume on your clothing, try your scarf especially during winter time. It's may still lingers around your neck since its absorbed by the cloth of the scarf.